Pages

25 February 2011

Master Planning for the Loner

I consider myself somewhat of a loner. If you asked my wife and friends, they'd probably tell you the same. It's not that I don't like other people, or don't understand the importance of being able to collectively collaborate in a professional setting, I am just of the mindset that if I want something done right, I have to do it myself. To that extent, being an evening architecture student has worked out pretty well for me. I get an assignment, I go home and sit at my desk alone listening to old Lost podcasts, work on my project, and present it the following week. Pretty sweet deal. This term, on the other hand, is a little different. As an entire section (+/- 50 students) we are working on developing an overall master plan for Drexel University. As usual, the overall group was broken down into 6 smaller groups, and each section is working collectively on a certain portion of the campus. To my surprise, this has turned out to be a lot of fun, as well a good learning experience. As a group, we are coming up with interesting and fun concepts, presenting to our professor and other students, and collaborating not only within our own group, but with the groups whose site's are neighboring ours. I can honestly say I've enjoyed this experience and am excited to see the final product that comes out of this teamwork.


Existing Conditions


Campus Analysis


Original concept sketch
developed conceptual sketch
Drafted conceptual plan

Aerial of Proposed Plan
Pedestrian Path

Pedestrian Path 2

From 30th Street Station looking west

No comments:

Post a Comment