Pages

29 February 2012

Buenos Aires Velodrome... will it actually stand up.



We've reached that part of the term, usually a little after the half way point, where we create wall sections and build structural models of a typical bay to see if our structure will work. This seems to be the point where my background in engineering and affinity for designing straight lines and 90 degree corners really pays dividends; especially during the model making part. Don't get me wrong, I think tensile structures, hyperbolic parabola roofs and "Bird's Nest" type structures are really cool, just not the first thing I gravitate towards when I start a design. The good news is, when comes to building these structures, my factor of safety will be very reasonable!

[gallery link="file"]

No comments:

Post a Comment