Pages

27 January 2012

Pop's TV Stand

A few days ago, while looking for some inspiration, I picked up a book that a buddy recommended called "The Great Book of Woodworking Projects." While it has a bunch of great projects, many of which I intend to build, I could have saved myself some time and money by looking a little harder at what I already had. The image below was for a TV Stand that my grandfather (aka Pop) built a couple years back. When he was done, I held on to the drawing and taped it into one of my notebooks. With a little help from SketchUp, I modeled the table and came up with a pretty thorough material and cut list, and plan to build the table designed by the man that is inspiration, in one form or another, for almost every project done in the CMG workshop. Now I just need to find someone that needs a TV stand... any takers?

[caption id="attachment_299" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Pop's Plan"][/caption]



[caption id="attachment_302" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Pop's Finished Product"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_304" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="CMG Workshop Plan"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment